- If you see someone on our dating site Yours Dating that you would like to get in touch with, that’s a great start. Begin by simply sending them a message to say hello and introduce yourself.
- Make sure you read their profile all the way through before you message them, that way you can find a conversation starter. Let them know if you have any common interests, as that's often a wonderful first step in a budding relationship. But don't worry too much if you don't have lots in common, as long as you think they sound interesting, and you'd like to hear more about their hobbies, it doesn't matter - after all, opposites attract!
- A question is a simple way to encourage a reply from the person who catches your eye. Do they love country walks or going to the cinema? Ask them where they like walking, or what films they enjoy watching. Simple questions like that are a fantastic ice breaker.
- Keep it short, sweet and light. They don't need to know your life history from the get-go. Just a few lines about you, your hobbies and what caught your attention about their profile is all you need.
- It's fine to mention your hometown, but it's sensible to hold back your address and phone number until later on.
- The people on Yours Dating are looking for the same things as you are: companionship. So don’t be too nervous about sending that first message, it’s all about meeting new and interesting people.
Start now at www.YoursDating.co.uk - love might just be an email away!
- For more advice, pick up the latest copy of Yours