Ensuring your furry companion enjoys a diet that's both wholesome and nourishing is essential to make sure they are happy and healthy, which is why you may want to consider filling their bowl with the best dry dog food. Dry dog food, commonly known as kibble, stands out as a practical dog food choice choice for many pet owners, offering long-lasting benefits. Some even opt for a combination of both dry and wet food to provide their pets with a well-rounded culinary experience, offering the best of both worlds.
Dry dog food is great value-for-money and the crunchy texture makes dinnertime satisfying as well as yummy for your dog. For the owners with busy schedules, you can just scoop and pop the food into their bowl with no added stress. Shake the bag for extra excitement and a waggy tail.
Black Friday deals on dry dog food
We interrupt the regularly scheduled content to let you know that although Black Friday is over, there's still time to grab some last chance Black Friday deals on dry dog food. These are the retailers that still have deals available or keep scrolling to continue reading our buyer’s guide.
Save 20%: Wagg Complete Wheat Free Chicken Dry Dog Food 12kg, WAS £25, NOW £20
Use code CYBER for 25% off: Pooch and Mutt Primal High Meat Dry Food, WAS £15.99, NOW £11.99
Stock up and save: James Wellbeloved Dry Adult Dog Food Turkey & Rice 15kg, WAS £52, NOW £49.50
25% discount: Bakers Adult Dry Dog Food 14kg, WAS £39.11, NOW £28.99
Price cut: Harringtons Complete Natural Dry Adult Dog Food, WAS £34.99, NOW £30
Choosing the best dry dog food can help with supporting their immune system, digestive system and in keeping their teeth healthy. From the smallest of pups to the biggest breeds out there, the right dog food really makes a difference in their quality of life. Especially, as some pooches may have allergies and intolerances that may cause them issues if they don't have a specifically tailored diet.
Whatever breed of pooch you have, there's a dry dog food for their needs, and we've found the best that you can serve on its own or mixed with wet dog food, so you don’t have to. Your full and happy dog will thank us later.
Best dry dog food at a glance:
Best overall: James Wellbeloved Superfoods Complete Hypoallergenic Dry Dog Food – view on Amazon UK
Best budget dry dog food: Bakers Adult Dry Dog Food Beef and Veg – view on Viovet
Best tailored dry dog food: Tails.com – view on Tails.com
Discover the perfect blend of nourishing, natural ingredients and delicious flavours in James
- Combines wholesome natural ingredients with tasty flavours
- Superfood blend for added fibre, vitamins, minerals and antioxidants
- No added artificial colours, flavours or preservatives
- Often goes out of stock because it's so popular
Best budget dry dog food
Bakers Complete Adult Dry Dog Food is full of crunchy chunks that will delight your canine
- Come in three different sizes
- Crunchy kibble
- Source of fibre for good digestion
- Could contain a higher meat percentage
Best tailored dry dog food
If your canine companion can be a bit picky about their food or you believe they can benefit from
- Vet-approved and careful monitoring for your dog
- Tweak subscription at any time
- Save money compared to a supermarket
- Average price varies depending on size and breed of your dog
Read our full Tails.com review to find out more.
Best grain-free dry dog food
Pooch & Mutt has earned a reputation for making top-tier grain-free and hypoallergenic dog food.
- Available in small and regular kibble sizes
- Best to change dogs over to this gradually because of the high meat content otherwise it could cause an upset stomach
Best dry dog food for sensitive stomachs
Wagg Complete Wheat Free is a tasty dry food option as it’s infused with flavours of chicken and
- Made with sensitive dogs in mind
- Added Vitamin E to support your dog's immune system
- All natural with no added wheat
- Only available in one size bag and you might not have room to store 12kg of food
Best vet-recommended dry dog food
AVA dry dog food is a reliable option that comes with the Veterinary Approval stamp, making it an
- Hypoallergenic white fish recipe
- Contains a rich source of Omega 3 and 6 to support skin and coat condition, as well as heart and kidney health
- Not designed for dogs under one year or over seven years
Best natural dry dog food
Harringtons Complete Natural Dry Adult Dog Food offers a comprehensive and well-rounded meal for
- Full of vitamins and prebiotics
- Gravy inside and outside the kibble
- Helps maintain healthy digestion
- Needs to be stored in an airtight container once opened to seal in freshness
What are the benefits of dry dog food?
There are many benefits to feeding your pooch a diet of dry dog food. Firstly, it's a convenient choice for dogs that love to graze rather than eat their food all at once, as it can be left out for more extended periods without spoiling. Dry food is also highly cost-effective, thanks to its bigger pack sizes and longer shelf life, making it a practical choice for pet owners. The best dry dog food is also available in different kibble sizes so you can find biscuit that is tailored to the size of your dog, whether they're small or large. Additionally, specially formulated dry food can effectively reduce plaque buildup and gingivitis, contributing to better oral health for your canine companion.
Can I only feed my dog dry dog food?
Yes, you can feed your dog a diet consisting solely of dry dog food. The best dry dog foods these days are enriched with high-quality ingredients and an improved nutrient profile to make sure your pooch has everything they need to grow up healthy and strong.
Hannah Mellin is a Homes & Garden Product Writer for Yours. When she's not writing, researching or testing products, she's renovating her Victorian terrace and chilling in the garden with her sausage dog Waffle, three cats and a tortoise called Bobby.