Battersea Dogs & Cats Home is looking for handmade fabric neckerchiefs for its abandoned dogs to wear. The staff spray the neckerchiefs with calming scents to help relax stressed and nervous dogs.
You will need
- Two 21x30cm (8.3x11.7in) sized pieces of cotton fabric
- Matching sewing thread
1. Take the 2 pieces of cotton fabric and lay them right sides together. Place the template on top and cut around.
2. Sew across the long straight edge of the fabrics to join the 2 pieces with approximately 1cm (½in) seam allowance.
3. Open the two pieces outwards again, so all the fabric is lying flat. Fold the 2 collar opening edges over about 1cm (½in) and sew along the edge to provide a neat finish for the collar opening.
4. Fold the fabric pieces right sides together again and sew around the triangular edges with a 0.5cm (¼in) seam allowance, leaving the two collar opening edges open.
5. Turn the bandana inside out through the collar openings then finish by pressing with an iron.
Where to send:
Send bandanas to Battersea Dogs & Cats Home, 4 Battersea Park Road, London SW8 4AA