Follow these quick and easy make-up tips to look younger in minutes.
Speed up your make-up
- Choose an all-in-one base such as Maybelline’s Dream Fresh BB Cream SPF 30 (£7.49/30ml) and apply a pea-size amount with your fingertips blending from the centre of your face outwards. The light coverage needs little blending – perfect if you’re in a rush.
- While your base dries, get started on your eyebrows. Brush them through with Bobbi Brown’s Natural Brow Shaper (£16.50/4.2ml). This handy cream-gel formula easily fills and tames brows in seconds – it’s easy to use and comes in seven different shades.
- The key to looking fresh in a flash is blusher. Pat a small amount of Maybelline’s Dream Touch Blush in Peach (£6.99) onto the apples of your cheeks, blending from your cheekbones to your temples.
- A pretty pink lip colour will instantly help lift your features. We like Clarin’s Instant Light Natural Lip Perfector (£18/12ml) in 05 Candy Shimmer, which is quick to apply and gives a lovely pop of natural colour. Finish with a coat of Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Ultra Black Mascara (£9.99) to instantly open up your eyes.
Wake-up your skincare
- Swap your usual day cream for one containing skin-brightening Vitamin C – you’ll get instantly perked-up skin with minimal effort. We like Marks & Spencer’s Formula Perfect Radiance Vitamin C Day Cream SPF 15 (£10.50/50ml), because it’s enriched with moisture-boosting hyaluronic acid and illuminating light particles to cheat a healthy glow.
- For an extra boost, apply a warm flannel to your face for ten seconds before applying. This encourages pores to open and allows your skin to really get the most from your face cream.
Beautiful hands and nails in minutes
- File nails into a flattering square shape, keeping the corners soft and natural.
- Apply a hand cream, massaging well into your cuticles and leave for a minute.
- Wipe nails with a cotton wool pad soaked in nail varnish remover to remove any old polish and hand cream residue.
- Apply a neutral nail colour – pale shades are more forgiving than brighter nail shades, so perfect for applying in a rush.
Hair in a hurry
Give flat hair a boost without having a re-wash. Spray a medium-hold hairspray to the underside of the roots. Let it dry before brushing through and blasting your hair upside down with the hairdryer. For a shine-boost try the Andrew Barton Miracle Shine Brush (£8.99), which is infused with Argan Oil to leave hair shiny, while lightly distributing the strengthening treatment from
root to tip.