Size: w: 35 cm (13¾ in), h: 25 cm (10 in)
Hook: 4.5 mm (G/6)
- Debbie Bliss ‘Eco Baby’ cotton yarn
- Zip (30 cm/12 in)- choose one which opens on both ends when unzipped
- Fabric for lining
- Straps, fabric tape
Chain 100, join ring with a double (single) crochet stitch. Continue working a dc (sc) in every stitch in a spiral. Work a total of 50 rows. Cut yarn and weave in ends.
- Sew the bottom of the bag closed stitch by stitch.
- Position the bag so that the seam is centred. Measure and mark a 10-cm (4-in)line across the corner of the base.
- Sew a seam across each corner using backstitch.
- The bottom of the bag is finished. The corner seams make the bag roomy inside.
- Measure the inside height and width of the bag and cut the lining to fit, including a seam allowance. Sew side seams and 10-cm (4-in) corner cross seams into the lining.
- Sew the zip (zipper) into the top of the bag, by machine or by hand.
- Sew small zip loops made of fabric tape to the top of the bag. Turn the lining under at the top for a seam allowance and hand sew the lining to the inside of the bag.
- Mark strap locations and sew straps to bag.
- Attach a label made with fabric tape to the front of the bag.
Your bag is complete
Pattern from Modern Crochet by Molla Mills.
There's more craft ideas in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.