- 1 leek, roughly chopped
- 400g (14 oz) turkey mince
- 100g (3.5 oz) feta cheese, cut into chunks
- 1tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1tbsp capers, drained
- ½ lemon, zest only
- 1 egg yolk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g (5.3 oz) natural yoghurt
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
- Handful of parsley leaves, finely chopped
- Handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- Handful of dill leaves, finely chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Burger buns
- Grated raw beetroot or coleslaw
- Sliced tomato
- Lettuce leaves
- To make the dressing simply mix all the ingredients together. Season to taste. Chill until required.
- For the burgers, place the leeks in a food processor and process until finely chopped. All the remaining burger ingredients, and process briefly until well combined. Using damp hands, shape the mixture into 4 large burgers. Place on a greased baking tray and chill for 30 minutes.
- When you are ready to cook preheat the oven to 190C, gas mark 5. Place the burgers on a tray and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden and cooked through.
- To serve cut the burger buns in half, place some lettuce on the bun followed by the burger. then add some grated beetroot and tomato. Finally, drizzle over a little of the dressing and top with the burger bun. Accompany with salad and coleslaw.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Makes: 4 burgers
- Calories 303kcal
- Fat 10g, saturates 3.9g
- Carbohydrates 24.6g
- Sugars 4.2g
- Fibre 4.7g
- Protein 26.4g
- Salt 1.4g
For a gluten free option, swap the bread rolls for gluten free rolls.