- 300g (10.6 oz) Tenderstem®
- 30g (1.05 oz) butter
- 2 tbsp. plain flour
- 150ml (5.07 fl oz) whole milk
- 15g (0.5 oz) grated gruyère cheese
- 15g (0.5 oz) grated parmesan, plus extra for the topping
- Handful cooked chestnuts, chopped
- Handful of panko breadcrumbs
- Grated truffle, to serve
- Blanch the Tenderstem® in salted boiling water for 2 minutes until it is bright green and still has some crunch. Drain and set aside.
- Put a small non-stick saucepan on a low heat and melt the butter. Stir in the flour and cook for 1-2 minutes. Once combined, slowly add the milk bit by bit, and continue stirring to avoid lumps. Keep adding the milk until completely combined, resulting in a thick, smooth sauce. Once all the milk is added bring the sauce to the boil, allow the bubbles to burst on the surface of the sauce for a few seconds, to ensure the flour is cooked.
- Take the pan off the heat and add the grated gruyère and parmesan, and stir to combine.
- Place the cooked Tenderstem® in a heat-proof dish, then spread over the cheese sauce. Top with the chopped chestnuts and breadcrumbs, add grated parmesan, then place under a grill to crisp up the breadcrumbs.
- Once browned, remove from the grill and finish with grated truffle.
Preparation time: 20 mins
This side dish is perfect for a special occasion alongside a roast.