- 3-4 tbsps Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 2-3 carrots, chopped
- 100g sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 garlic glove, grated
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated
- 2 tbsps. tomato puree
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 aubergine, chopped
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1⁄2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 medium to large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into small
- 1 1⁄2 tsp turmeric
- Pinch of sea salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tsp Vita Coco Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp honey
- In a large pan, begin to fry the onion, carrots, sundried tomato, garlic and ginger for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the puree and fry for 2 minutes on medium heat.
Add the can of tomatoes and the remaining ingredients.
Cover and leave to simmer/reduce for about 15 minutes.
Fill a medium pan with boiling water and add some salt. Boil the sweet potatoes until just soft (about 15-20 minutes).
Drain the water once cooked, and mash the sweet potato. Add the turmeric, black pepper, thyme, oil and honey.
Preheat the grill at 200c.
Pour your sauce into a 25*19cm oven dish. Place your mash in a piping bag, cut the end and pipe blobs neatly onto the sauce, covering the entire dish.
Sprinkle with some sea salt and grill for 10-15mins until crisp and golden on top.
Preparation time: 55 mins
Serves: 5 - 6 people
If you have any pie left over, save some to heat up the next day for a delicious lunch.