- 250g (9 oz) spinach
- 400g (14 oz) can borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- 450g (16 oz) extra lean British beef mince
- 50g (1.8 oz) bread crumbs
- Bunch salad onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 egg, beaten
- Splash of tabasco
- 3 white Rolls
- 75g (2.6 oz) pack pea shoots
- 2 tbsp tomato ketchup (optional)
- Place the spinach in a colander in the sink. Pour over a kettleful of boiling water to wilt the spinach. Drain well, squeezing out all the excess water then roughly chop. Preheat the grill to high.
- In a large bowl, roughly mash the borlotti beans with a fork, then add the wilted spinach, beef mince, breadcrumbs, salad onions, cumin seeds, beaten egg and a splash of Tabasco. Shape the mixture into 6 equal-sized burgers.
- Cook the burgers under the hot grill for 5-7 minutes on each side until golden brown and thoroughly cooked. Split the oaten rolls in half and toast the cut surfaces until golden brown.
- Put a toasted roll half on each serving plate, top with a handful of the pea shoots, then a burger.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Nutrition: 281 calories, 7.4g fat, 2.9g sugars, 0.6g salt (Sat fat 2.7g)
Serve with you favourite side and sauces!