- 300g (10.5 oz) new potatoes, halved
- 75g (2.6 oz) sliced squid
- 200g (7 oz) raw shell on prawns
- 1kg (35 oz) live mussels
- 1 onion, sliced
- 200g (7 oz) streaky bacon, chopped
- Olive oil
- A pinch of mace
- A pinch of saffron
- 1tsp Cayenne pepper
- 500ml (17 fl oz) fish stock
- 4 tbsp single cream
- 4 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Rinse the mussels in cold running water while you sauté the onion and bacon for about five minutes.
- Add the potatoes and stock and bring to a gentle boil for ten minutes.
- Add the seafood and spices, and cook for five minutes.
- Remove any unopened mussels and add the cream and pepper. Stir well and check the seasoning.
- Stir in the herbs and serve with a crusty baguette and green salad.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Nutrition: 322 calories, 16g fat, 3.4g salt, 2.3 g sugar (sat fat 5.2g)
Serve with a slice of crusty bread for dipping