- 400g (14 oz) pack of good quality herby sausages
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- Olive oil
- couple sprigs of rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tin plum tomato’s
- sprig of basil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 3 orange peppers
- salt and pepper
- Add the minced garlic and a good lug of olive oil to a medium sized saucepan over a low heat, sauté for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add the tinned tomatoes and a sprig of basil to blip away whilst you prepare the rest of the dish.
- Fit a spiralizer with the slicing attachment, remove the green stalks from the peppers and turn into noodles.
- Squeeze the meat from the sausages and roll into walnut sized balls. Bash the fennel seeds in a pestle and mortar to break them up a little. Add a good lug of olive oil to a frying pan along with the fennel seeds, meatballs and rosemary sprigs, fry until the meatballs are tinged brown and cooked through.
- Taste the tomato sauce and adjust the seasoning adding in a tsp of balsamic to enrich the sauce.
- Plate the pepper poodles on to 2 plates top with the tomato sauce and meatballs to serve.
Preparation time: 25 mins
If you want to make this dish extra healthy try buying lean sausages!