- 700g King Edward potatoes, cut into large chunks
- 25g butter
- 50ml semi skimmed milk
- 250g pack Kale
- 1 tbsp oil
- 450g sausagemeat
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 eating apple, cored and sliced
- Preheat the oven to 200oC, gas mark 6.
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10-12 minutes or until tender, drain and return to the pan, mash with the butter and milk then season.
- Meanwhile, cook the kale in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain. Roughly chop half and stir into the mash.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sausage meat, onion and apple for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the sausage meat. Stir in the remaining kale and transfer to an ovenproof dish. Spoon over the kale mash and bake for 30 minutes until golden.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Nutrition: 581 calories, 33.2g fat, 1.6g salt (13.2 saturated fat)
Try using sweet potato instead of potato for a change. For the sausage meat, try using a pack of flavoured sausages instead and remove the skin and fry with the onion and apple.