- 4lb/2Kg boneless leg of lamb
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 2-3 stems fresh rosemary
- Juice of 1⁄2 a lemon
- 1 dsp (dessert spoon) Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly
- Sea salt and pepper
Preheat the oven to 220 ̊C/425 ̊F/gas mark 7.
- Start by preparing the lamb, this can be done a couple of hours before cooking. Peel and thinly slice the garlic, then make an incision in the meat with the tip of a knife - about a cm deep - and push a sliver of garlic and a small sprig of rosemary into the incision. Repeat until all the garlic and rosemary has been used.
- Mix together the lemon juice and Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly. It may help to warm the jelly slightly. Place the lamb in a roasting dish either resting on potatoes and onions or on a rack and pour over the lemon and Rosemary Jelly mix. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Roast in the middle of the oven for 20 mins then turn the temperature down to 180 ̊C/350 ̊F/gas mark 4. Baste the meat with the juice from the bottom of the pan and return to the oven for a further hour if you want it pink or an hour and 20 mins if you prefer it well done.
- Allow the meat to rest for at least 20 mins before carving. Serve with buttered (or roast) spuds, your favourite veg, juices from the pan and a generous spoonful of Tracklements Zingy Rosemary Jelly.
Preparation time: 2 hours
Serve with tasty roast potatoes!