- Bunch of about 12 young slim carrots, leaves and ends trimmed
- 1 red onion, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 small avocado, sliced
- 100g (3.5 oz) ready cooked or canned Puy lentils
- 1 large bag rocket
- 30g (1.05 oz) walnut pieces, gently toasted in a dry pan
- Small bunch coriander, chopped
- 100g (3.5 oz) feta, crumbled
- Seeds from half a pomegranate
- 2 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 clove garlic, crushed (optional)
- 2 tbsp virgin olive oil
- Squeeze lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC/400ºF/gas 6.
- Wash, but do not peel, the carrots. Lay the carrots in a roasting tray with the red onion, drizzle with a little olive oil and sprinkle with ground cumin.
- Place the carrots and onion in the oven for about 20 - 30 minutes until tender and a little wrinkled. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing in a jar and shake well. Adjust the seasoning to your taste. This dressing should taste a little sharp.
- Mix the remaining salad ingredients together with the cooked carrots in a bowl with half of the dressing. Lay the salad in a shallow bowl or serving platter and drizzle with the remaining dressing.
Preparation time: 40 mins
- Calories (kCal/KJ) 322 / 1335
- Protein (g) 10.5
- Fat (g) 23.3
- Saturated Fat (g) 6.2
- Carbohydrate (g) 19.0
- Sugar (g) 13.4
- Fibre (g) 6.9
- Sodium (mg) 325
- Salt Equivalent (g) 0.81
The best way to remove the seeds from a pomegranate is to cut it in half and immerse them in a medium sized bowl full of water. Gradually tease out the pomegranate seeds from each half and remove the thin yellow skin. The seeds will sink to the bottom of the bowl of water and the thin yellow skin will rise to the surface and can be skimmed off. Drain the seeds from the water and store any extra in an airtight container.