- 300g (10.6 oz) Plain flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- 65g (2.3oz) TREX
- 150ml (5 fl oz) Water
- 350g (12.3 oz) Skinless chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 225g (7.9 oz) Pork sausage meat
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp Chopped fresh thyme
- ½ tsp Ground allspice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml (5 fl oz) Chicken stock
- 1 sachet Powdered gelatine
- 150g (5 oz) Redcurrant jelly
- 225g (7.9 oz) Fresh or frozen cranberries
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl and make a well in the middle.
- Put the TREX and water into a saucepan. Heat gently until the TREX has melted, then bring to the boil. Pour into the well and beat with a wooden spoon to form a soft dough. When cool, knead lightly until smooth. Cover and rest for 20 minutes.
- Mix together the chicken, pork, sausage meat, rosemary, thyme and allspice. Season well.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/fan oven 200°C/Gas Mark 7. Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured surface and use it to line the base and sides of a 20cm (8in) loose-based cake tin, then pack in the filling. Trim the excess pastry to 1 cm (½in) above the meat, then cover the surface with foil. Stand the tin on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180°C/ fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4 and bake for one hour 30 minutes. Cool completely.
- Heat the stock until almost boiling, then sprinkle in the gelatine, stirring until dissolved. Remove the foil from the pie and pour the stock over and around the filling (you might not need it all). Chill overnight, to set.
- For the topping, melt the redcurrant jelly in a saucepan and add the cranberries. Heat gently for two to three minutes, then spoon on top of the pie and leave until cold.
Preparation time: 35 mins