- 4 tbs Crisp ‘n Dry
- 500g parsnips, peeled
- Good pinch sea salt
- Few sprigs fresh thyme, leaves stripped
For the dressing
- 1 tbs Crisp ‘n Dry
- 1 tbs honey
- 1 tbs wholegrain mustard
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC fan/190ºC conventional/gas 5. Heat a large shallow roasting tin or heavy baking tray.
- Peel the parsnips and halve lengthways then halve again lengthways if they’re very large. Place in a large bowl. Drizzle over the Crisp ‘n Dry and season with a good pinch of salt.
- Transfer to the hot tray and roast in the oven for 15 minutes. Remove and turn the parsnips then roast for another 10 minutes or until they’re a lovely golden colour and cooked through. Transfer to a warm serving dish and sprinkle over the thyme leaves.
- Meanwhile to make the dressing, whisk all the ingredients together in a bowl or jug. Pour into a jar or bowl and allow people to drizzle a little dressing onto the hot parsnips. Works well with roast pork or chicken or alongside sausages.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Serves: 4-6 as a side dish
Serve alongside your favourite roast with delicious gravy.