- 2 peppers, any colour, halved and sliced
- 1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 slices wholemeal bread
- 125g (5 oz) light mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 handful mixed salad leaves
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Arrange the peppers on a baking sheet with the red onion.
- Sprinkle with the olive oil, then grill until soft and lightly browned – about 6-8 minutes.
- Toast the slices of bread and share the pepper mixture between them.
- Arrange the mozzarella cheese on top, then return to the grill for 1-2 minutes, until the cheese begins to melt.
- Serve with mixed salad leaves.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Why finish off by adding an extra sprinkle of your favourite cheese on top?