- 400g (14 oz) of boneless fish cut in 1 & 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of red chili flakes
- Juice of one large lemon
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the coating:
- 2 cups, cornflakes, crushed
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 cup flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 2-3 beaten eggs
- Oil for Deep frying
- Add garlic powder, chili flakes, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon of salt and pepper to a bowl.
- Marinate the cubes, cover with cling film and set aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix in crushed cornflakes, parsley, oregano.
- Coat the marinated cubes with flour mixture, dip the fish in beaten eggs.
- Coat fish with cornflakes mixture.
- Dip the cubes in egg a second time and coat again with crushed cornflakes (repeat for all).
- Place the coated nuggets in a freezer for 30 minutes (these can be frozen for the future too).
- Heat the oil in a deep base pan and deep fry the nuggets on a medium high heat until crispy and golden brown (don’t fry them on a very high temperature or they will burn).
- Drain the nuggets on a paper towel, and serve hot with cream cheese parsley dip.
Preparation time: 1 hour
Why not enjoy this fish dish with chips too?