- 2x125g (4.4 oz) cans Princes Moroccan Mackerel
- 100g (3.5 oz) dried couscous
- 200ml hot vegetable stock
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 5cm piece of cucumber, finely chopped
- 30g (1 oz) ready-to-eat dried apricots, finely chopped
- 20g (0.7 oz) sultanas
- 50g (1.8 oz) pomegranate seeds
- 1tbsp chopped fresh mint, plus sprigs to garnish
- 1tbsp olive oil
- Finely grated zest and juice of 1 small orange
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Tip the cans of Princes Moroccan Mackerel onto a plate. Break the fish into chunks and set aside.
- Put the couscous into a bowl and pour over the hot vegetable stock. Add the red onion and stir to mix. Leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, mix together the carrot, cucumber, apricots, sultanas and pomegranate seeds.
- Fluff up the grains of couscous with a fork and combine with the carrot mixture. Mix together the olive oil with the orange zest and juice. Season with a little salt and pepper. Add to the couscous with the chopped mint and stir well.
- Share the salad between 2 plates and top with the mackerel. Serve, garnished with mint sprigs.
Preparation time: 10 mins
Feel free to use a different fish from the Princes range if you prefer.
- Recipe courtesy of Princes