- 300g (10.6 oz) wholewheat penne pasta
- 500g (18 oz) pack kale
- 250g (9 oz) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 150g (5 oz) walnuts
- 100g (3.6 oz) vegetarian rarmigiano reggiano, grated
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 25g (0.9 oz) mixed nuts, chopped
- Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling water for 11 minutes, adding 300g of the kale for the last 3 minutes, drain, reserving 250ml cooking water and return to the pan with the tomatoes.
- Meanwhile, place the walnuts, cheese, garlic, oil and the reserved cooking liquid in a food processor and blitz, adding the remaining kale in batches to give a paste, season.
- Add to the pasta and heat through for a minute or two. Serve sprinkled with chopped nuts.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Serve with a wholemeal roll for dinner, or on its own for lunch!