For the bread:
- 375g (13 oz) Schär Mix It! Universal
- 1½tsp dried yeast
- ½tsp salt
- 1tbsp skimmed milk powder
- 1tbsp (mild) olive oil
- 350ml (11.8 fl oz) hand-hot water
For the filling:
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium red or yellow pepper
- 6 tomatoes
- 8 green olives, chopped or sliced
- 4 stalks of oregano leaves
- Lightly fry the peeled and sliced red onion and peppers in a frying pan to soften.
- Combine the Schär Mix It! Universal, yeast, salt and skimmed milk powder together in a bowl. Add the oil and hand-hot water (1/3 boiling, 2/3 cold) and stir to make a smooth, stiff batter.
- Place half the batter into an oiled tin, layer on the red onion and peppers and sprinkle over half the oregano. Spoon over the remaining batter and top with the remaining filling ingredients. Cover with oiled clingfilm.
- Leave to prove in a warm place for 45 minutes or until the mixture has risen by half.
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°/180°C Fan/Gas Mark 6.
- Remove the film, drizzle with a little more olive oil and bake in the pre-heated oven for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Once cool, store in an airtight container in a cool place for up to 3 days. For best results, warm before eating.
Preparation time: 65 mins
Makes: 1 flatbread
Nutrition: gluten free
Serve as a side dish with a traditional Italian dish