For the curry sauce:
- 2 big handfuls of spinach leaves
- 2 sticks of lemongrass, roughly chopped
- Thumb sized piece of peeled ginger roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- Medium sized bunch coriander including stalks (reserving a few leaves for garnish)
- 1 shallot
- 2 spring onions
- 1 green chilli deseeded
- 1 tbsp. fish sauce
- 1 tin of coconut milk
For the veg:
- 1 medium courgette, cut into thin rounds
- 120g fine green beans, cut in half stalks removed
- 1 green pepper
- A couple of handfuls of beansprouts
For the chicken:
- 1 tbsp. sesame seeds
- 2 chicken thighs’ skin-on
- olive oil
- Season the chicken on both sides generously, fry in a non-stick frying pan with a little olive oil skin side down turning every so often for 20 minutes. Place a piece of grease proof paper and a smaller frying on top of the chicken thighs weighted down with something heavy and continue cooking for a further 8-10 minutes or until the skin is super crispy.
- Meanwhile fit a spiralizer with the slicing attachment, remove the green stalks from the peppers and turn into noodles.
- Add all the green curry sauce ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and fragrant.
- Heat a large frying pan over a medium heat add a splash of oil and fry the courgette and green beans for 2-3 minute. Pour in the green curry sauce and cook rapidly for 2-3 minutes. Adjust the seasoning if necessary by adding in a little more fish sauce or lime juice.
- Take 2 large bowls and spoon in the green curry, divide the green pepper poodles, chicken and beansprouts between the 2 bowls and finish each with the reserved coriander leaves and a wedge of lime.
Preparation time: 45 mins
Serve with a slice of flatbread to scoop up the delicious sauce!