- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cut into 1cm slices
- 1 tbsp chopped thyme
- 4 leeks, trimmed, washed and sliced (about 1kg)
- 400g (14.1 oz) pack British Chicken Breast Chunks
- 25g (0.9 oz) plain flour
- 500ml (16.9 fl oz) hot chicken stock
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- 100g (3.5 oz) whole chestnuts, crumbled 375g pack Jus-Rol All Butter Puff Pastry
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a frying pan and fry the bacon and thyme for 1-2 minutes. Add the leeks and fry gently for 10 minutes, then set aside.
- In the same pan, heat the remaining oil and fry the chicken for 10 minutes, add the leeks and season to taste. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute. Gradually blend in the stock and bring to the boil, then simmer for 1-2 minutes. Stir in the crème fraîche and chestnuts and transfer to an ovenproof dish approx 25cm square.
- Roll out the pastry to the same dimension as the dish and place on top, tucking the edges inside the dish. Brush with beaten egg. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until golden.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Add a teaspoon of dijon mustard and a glass of white wine for extra flavour.
- Recipe courtesy of Waitrose
- For more great recipes see Yours Magazine out every fortnight, on a Tuesday