- 8 x frozen (defrosted) avocado halves – can also use fresh
- 4 x boiled eggs
- 100g plain flour
- 4 x beaten eggs
- 1 x ciabatta loaf turned into breadcrumbs
- Place a boiled egg into the centre of 1 half of an avocado and then place the other half of avocado on top. Do this until you have 4 whole avocados.
- Carefully place the avocado into the flour and roll until fully coated, then into the beaten egg and lastly into the breadcrumbs. Repeat this for the remaining eggs.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy bottom pan over a medium heat using a thermometer to monitor the temperature of the oil, being careful not to take the temperature above 170c. Shallow fry the eggs for around a minute until the breadcrumbs are golden in colour. (preferably use a deep fat fryer for this)
- Finish the avocado scotch egg in a preheated 190c oven for 5 minutes and serve immediately.
Add a fresh side salas and some sweet potato fries to make this a delicious lunch