- 110g (3.9 oz) Schär Mix It! Universal
- 25g (0.9 oz) caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½tsp vanilla extract
- 75g (2.6 oz) natural yoghurt
- 50ml (1.7 fl oz) milk
- 3tsp vegetable oil
- Golden or maple syrup
- Place the Schär Mix It! Universal in a bowl and stir in the sugar.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract and yoghurt and whisk together with a fork. Add the milk and beat to make a smooth batter.
- Heat a large heavy based frying pan or griddle, add some of the oil and then drop tablespoons of the batter into the pan, allowing a little room for them to spread.
- Cook over a medium heat until bubbles appear; this takes about 2 minutes. Then flip the pancake over with a slice or palette knife and cook the other side until it is golden brown.
- Place some greaseproof paper on a cooling rack and place the pancake on top of this. Cover with another piece of greaseproof paper and repeat with each new pancake to avoid them sticking together.
- Cook all the batter and if necessary add more oil to the pan.
- Serve the pancakes drizzled with golden or maple syrup and a few berries.
Preparation time: 5 mins
Makes: 9 Pancakes
If you aren't keen on berries, simply serve with butter or a different topping of your choice.