- 2 clementines
- 175g (6.17 oz) equal mix of sultanas, dried cranberries and dried mango, roughly chopped
- 100g (3.5 oz) The Groovy Food Company Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
- 100g (3.5 oz) The Groovy Food Company Organic Agave Nectar, Light Amber & Mild
- 200g (7.1 oz) dark 70% cocoa solids chocolate, roughly chopped
- 50g (1.8 oz) cocoa powder
- 100g (3.5 oz) digestive biscuits, roughly broken into 2cm pieces
- 75g (2.6 oz) pistachios, roughly chopped
- Line a 20cm square baking tin or dish with baking parchment. Finely grate the zest of one clementine and set aside, then squeeze the juice into a bowl. Tip 150g of the dried fruit into the bowl with the juice, mix well and leave to soak for 30 mins.
- When the fruit has finished soaking bring a small pan of water to the boil. Put the coconut oil, agave, chocolate, and a good pinch salt in a heatproof bowl and set over the simmering water, (making sure the bottom of the bowl doesn’t touch the water). Stir well until everything is melted and combined.
- Remove from the heat and sift over the cocoa powder. Mix thoroughly, then stir through the fruit and its soaking liquid, the biscuits, reserved zest of one clementine, and half the pistachios. Once everything is combined tip into the tin and level. Scatter over the remaining pistachios, 25g dried fruit and and grate over the zest of the second clementine. Chill for 2-3hrs, or until set, then cut into bars.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Makes: 18 bars
Change the fruit and nuts you use in this recipe depending on what you prefer.