- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 (57g) cup Vita Coco coconut oil, melted
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 eggs
- 2 large tablespoons of honey or other natural sweetener
- 2 medium sized ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/4 (32g or 1.13 oz) cup chopped walnuts, plus another 12 whole walnuts
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon or if you prefer, vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a muffin tin.
- Whisk together the coconut flour, salt and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs, melted Vita Coco coconut oil, honey, mashed bananas, and add cinnamon or vanilla as desired.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry, using a mixer for a minute, or by hand until well combined.
- Stir in the 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Spoon batter evenly into muffin cups and place an extra walnut in the centre of each.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes before letting them cool.
Preparation time: 15 mins
Nutrition: gluten free
Feel free to use silicone cases rather than paper ones so you can reuse them, over and over again.