- 2 x 400g (14.1 oz) Nature’s Finest Pitted Prunes in juice, drained
- Butter for greasing
- 200g (7 oz) mixed dried fruit
- 150mls (5 fl oz) dark rum
- Finely grated zest of 1 large orange
- 75g (2.6 oz) vegetarian suet
- 75g (2.6 oz) dark brown sugar
- 75g (2.6 oz) plain flour
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g (1.8 oz) white breadcrumbs
- 50g (1.8 oz) Brazil nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg
- Lightly grease a 1.2 litre pudding basin and line the base with disc of baking paper.
- Cut a 38cm square of baking paper and place it on top of square of foil of the same size. Use butter to grease a circle about 18cm side in the centre of the baking paper then fold a 5cm pleat down the centre.
- Place 1 pot of prunes in a blender and puree until smooth. Roughly chop the second pot of prunes. Transfer prunes to a mixing bowl, add all the remaining ingredient and mix well
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared bowl. Place the square of foil and baking paper, greased side down on top of the pudding, with the pleat down the middle. Tie a long piece of string around the rim of the bowl, then loop string over and under the bowl to take a handle.
- Sit the pudding on a heatproof saucer in a large deep pan, then pour in enough hot water to come half way up the bowl. Cover and simmer for 4 hours topping up water as necessary. Remove and cool store in cool place until required.
- To reheat steam in a pan for 1 hour or remove foil and baking paper, cover with cling film and microwave for 5-10 minutes or until hot through.
Preparation time: 25 mins
Nutrition: Per serving
- Energy (kcal) 352
- Sugar (g) 23
- Fat (g) 13.5
- Sat Fat (g) 6.1
- Salt (g) 0.3
Serve with a generous helping of custard!