- 2 Pink Lady® apples
- 1 Juice of a lemon
- 50g (1.8 oz) melted butter
- 1 x sheet ready roll puff pastry (thawed)
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- Sprinkle icing sugar
- Halve your apples and remove the core but keeping the half apple intact.
- Thinly slice your apples and put into a microwavable bowl with the juice of the lemon. Cover with cling film and microwave on high for 1 minutes to soften slightly. Leave to cool.
- Open up your puff pastry sheet onto a lightly floured surface and gently roll to elongate slightly. Cut the pastry along the width into 6 even strips.
- Brush each strip with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon and caster sugar.
- Place the apple slices skin side up along the pastry strips overlapping as you go. Leave a small gap, approximately 2 cm, at the end to be able to stick the pastry together.
- Fold over the remaining pastry to cover the bottom half of the apples. Roll the pastry up to create an apple rose and seal with the excess pastry.
- Place into a lined muffin tray.
- Cook in a preheated oven for 30 - 40 minutes at 180°C/Gas mark 4.
- Cool on a wire rack then sprinkle with icing sugar to finish.
Preparation time: 20 mins
Serve as dessert with vanilla ice cream.
- Recipe and image courtesy of
- For more great recipes see Yours Magazine out every fortnight, on a Tuesday.