For most of us, getting into bed should be one of the best parts of the day; if you suffer from any allergies, that's not always the case, so you'll want to invest in the best bedding for allergies. From mattress toppers, duvets, and pillows to their covers - we are here to help you find the best bed linen to help you fall sound asleep.
There's nothing worse than waking up from a bad night's sleep or not getting any sleep at all. If you find yourself sneezing, coughing, itching, tossing and turning in bed, your bedding could be the issue. Anti-allergy fabrics and materials are great to look for in your bedding for allergies - whether it be the duvet covers, pillowcase or the pillow itself, you can never be too cautious.
'Anti-allergy' in the context of bedding refers to a product's anti-dust mite qualities. If a pillow, duvet or bedding protector is described as having anti-allergy properties, it will resist pests and other common allergens. Anti-allergy bedding works by reducing the allergens from your bed’s pillows, duvets etc., helping to lessen symptoms of night-time allergies such as a night-time cough.
Best bedding for allergies at a glance:
• Best pillows for allergies: Martian Dreams 100% Hypoallergenic Hotel Pillows 2 Pack - View on Amazon UK
• Best duvet cover for allergies: Bare Home Duvet Cover and Sham Set - View on Amazon UK
• Best duvet for allergies: Slumberdown Anti-Allergy King Size Duvet 4.5 Tog - View on Amazon UK
Bedding for allergies is well worth the investment for a great night's sleep; after all, we need our beauty sleep, and if we don't get enough hours, we can be left feeling irritable, groggy, and of course, tired. Remember, you'll still need to regularly wash your bedding. Below we go through the best bedding for allergies, from comforters to duvet sets and mattress protectors. Check out our top picks, guaranteed to help you get some much-needed shut-eye.
Best bedding for allergies
Best pillow for allergies
Our top pick of the best hypoallergenic pillows for allergies is these plush Martian Dreams 100
- 100 per cent hypoallergenic material for allergy relief.
- Comes in a pack of two
- Plush and comfortable.
- Premium option
- Some reviews say it is very heavy
Best budget pillow for allergies
Filled with anti-bacterial, anti-allergy fibres that actively protect against bacteria and dust
- Filled with anti-bacterial, anti-allergy fibres.
- Ideal for allergy and asthma sufferers
- A quick shake each morning and return to the original state
- One review says they flatten quickly
Best pillow protector for allergies
As Amazon’s choice for the best pillow protector for allergy sufferers, Home Sweet Home Microfiber
- Made from microfibre fabric that blocks allergens.
- Comes in a pack of four.
- Amazon’s choice for the best pillow protector for allergies.
- One review says the zip is a bit fiddly
Best pillowcases for allergies
Made from pure 100 per cent organic bamboo, these lightweight, comfortable, breathable, and
- Made from 100 per cent organic bamboo.
- Lightweight, comfortable, and breathable.
- Hypoallergenic material.
- One review says it doesn't fit perfectly to standard pillows
Best duvet cover for allergies
For hotel-quality bedsheets for allergy sufferers, try Bare Home’s luxuriously soft bedsheets.
- Hypoallergenic set that is wrinkle-free and fade-resistant.
- Soft bedsheets.
- Many different colour choices
- Some may prefer to sleep on natural fibre such as cotton
Best mattress protector for allergies
Did you know that a typical used mattress can have anywhere from 100,000 to 10 million dust mites
- Designed to protect against dust mites
- Durable and strong
- Great reviews in terms of allergy relief
- The protector is very secure but not as smooth, some reviews say
- More water resistant than waterproof
Best duvet for allergies
Amazon’s number one bestseller, this Slumberdown duvet is specifically made with an anti-allergy
- Made with an anti-allergy filling.
- Specifically designed to reduce dust mites and bacteria.
- Lightweight summer duvet at 4.5tog
- May be too thin for winter
Best comforter for allergies
Hypoallergenic, anti-mite, non-slip, fade-resistant, lightweight, warm and eco-friendly, the
- Hypoallergenic and anti-mite.
- Non-slip and fade-resistant.
- Lightweight and warm.
- Many colour options
- On the small side for a king-size
Best cool blanket for allergies
When it's hard to sleep in summer, this Elegear cool blanket helps to keep you cool and improves
- Designed with cooling fibers for summer use.
- Anti-allergy and quick-drying material.
- Available at a discounted price.
- Too small to fit over a double bed
FAQs Best bedding for allergies
What is bedding for allergies?
Hypoallergenic bedding is designed to reduce or minimise the possibility of an allergic response by excluding potential allergens that can trigger allergic reactions. This type of bedding is made from materials that resist common allergens like dust mites, mould, and pet hair. You may also want to check out anti-pet hair bedding too. This helps reduce nighttime allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, and congestion so you can sleep more deeply through the night.
Are all hypoallergenic beddings the same?
No, there are various types of hypoallergenic bedding materials, including organic cotton, bamboo, silk, and synthetic fibres. Each material has its unique properties and benefits.
How often should I wash my hypoallergenic bedding?
It's recommended to wash your hypoallergenic bedding at least once a week in hot water to eliminate allergens effectively. Make sure that you follow the care instructions provided by the manufacturer.
Ellen Kinsey is a senior health and wellness product writer for Yours, specialising in natural health and beauty. She lives and breathes all things food, travel and wellness.