If you're a bread lover, you'll know how hard it is to cut out when you're trying to shed some pounds. Cloud bread is a low-carb alternative to bread that is still light and fluffy like bread that should satisfy your cravings.
It's ideal for people on the Keto diet who are seeking low-carb alternatives to bread. If you're not familiar, the ketogenic diet is a low carb, high fat diet that is similar to the Atkins and other low carb diets.
Reducing carbohydrate intake and replacing it with fat puts your body into a metabolic state called ketosis.
Read more: Healthy breakfast ideas for weight loss
Cloud bread is ideal for sandwiches, dipping into soup and cheese on toast. If you fancy giving it a try, you can make your own with this easy recipe...
3 large room temperature eggs
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
Pinch of salt
50g cream cheese
- Preheat the oven to 150°C (130°C fan) and line a large baking tray with parchment paper.
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks into two medium bowls. Add the cream of tartar and salt to the egg whites and use an electric whisk to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Add the cream cheese to the egg yolks and using an electric whisk, mix the yolk and cream cheese until combined.
- Gently fold the egg yolk mixture into the egg whites.
- Divide the mixture into eight mounds on the baking tray, spacing them about 10cm apart.
- Bake until golden for 25-30 minutes.
Top tip: For extra flavour, sprinkle some grated cheese on top once baked and pop back in the oven for a few minutes to melt slightly.
Recipe from delish.com