Some of us aren’t big fans of slaving over a hot stove, so having a slow cooker can completely revolutionise the way you cook and give you more time to do the things you want to be doing.
Imagine walking into the kitchen and being met with the comforting smell of a stew or even coming downstairs in the morning to an already-warm breakfast of porridge. A slow cooker won’t set you back a fortune – starting at around £20. That’s a small price to pay for your own personal cook!
But once you’ve got your slow cooker, what are you going to do with it? We’ve rounded up 10 of the best slow cooker recipe books…
The best slow cooker recipe books 2022
1. The Slow Cook Book: Over 200 Oven and Slow Cooker Recipes by Heather Whinney
This is the ideal companion for the thrifty cook including many recipes that transform cheap cuts of meat into delicious dinners.
2. Slow Cooked by Miss South
Those who like to shake it up in the kitchen will love this book with its curries and imaginative desserts including white bread with tangy lemon curd.
3. Good Food: Ultimate Slow Cooker Recipes
Have this book in your collection and you'll never be turning your slow cooker off!
4. The Healing Slow Cooker by Jennifer Iserloh
Nurture your body and your soul with these slow cooker recipes that can help improve gut health and lower stress.
5. Slow Cook Modern: 200 Recipes for the Way We Eat Today by Liana Krissoff
This is the slow cooker book for foodies who love to tickle their taste buds with exciting new recipes.
6. Cook Slow: 90 simple, chilled out, stress-free recipes for slow cookers & conventional ovens
Easy to make meals that the whole family will love from the well-loved TV chef Dean Edwards.
7. Slow Cooker Family Classics by Sarah Flower
Written by a nutritionist you can be sure these dishes are both hearty and healthy.
8. The Super Easy Vegan Slow Cooker Cookbook by Toni Okamoto
Slow cookers aren't just for meat-eaters, vegans will devour these plant-based meals in minutes.
9. Slow Cooker Heaven: Over 100 of the Best-Ever Recipes by Lorna Brash
Ever wondered what to do with all those tins and packets of pulses and lentils? There's plenty of inspiration here.
10. Slow Cooker Vegetarian by Katy Holder
We love the sound of the Sri Lankan butternut pumpkin and cauliflower curry but there are even more delicious recipes inside.
Don't forget to sit your new book upon a recipe book holder so you can easily follow your recipe.