Packing your own lunch doesn't mean you have to settle for a kid's lunch box - many of the best lunch bags look stylish and are insulated too. So whether you're prepping your lunch for your office desk or embarking on a spontaneous road trip, having an insulated lunch bag ensures your meal remains fresh and appetising for hours. The convenience of having a meal ready to eat and the assurance of its freshness will make you more motivated to prep the night before - even when you really aren't in the mood to.
Insulated lunch bags are the key to saving you money on the go and making healthy lunches - and there are many types of lunch bags to choose from. Whether you are searching for a reflection of your style or are looking for pure practicality, we've found the best for every budget, need and style.
The best lunch bags at a glance:
• Best lunch bag for designs: Kind Bag Lunch Bag Wavy Daisy - View on Kind Bag
• Best trendy tote lunch bag: Dunelm Colour Block Handbag Design Insulated Tote Lunch Bag - View on Dunelm
• Best large capacity lunch bag: KALIDI Roll Top Insulated Lunch Bag - View on Amazon UK
You can find many choices when it comes to bento boxes, lunch boxes and bags. From a classic tote style to modern, sleek designs, there's a lunch bag for every aesthetic preference. The choice of materials ranges from neoprene, cotton or polyester, and some packs come with additional compartments for cutlery, while others boast advanced insulation technology.
Whether you prioritise design, insulation, or eco-friendliness, we have found adult lunch boxes and the best lunch bags for adults that are right for you.
Best lunch bags
Best lunch bag for designs
Brighten up your lunchtime with this vibrant Wavy Daisy lunch bag. Made from 100 per cent recycled
- 100 per cent recycled fabric
- Lovely designs
- Roll top
- Some may need a larger capacity
Best trendy tote lunch bag
This chic, two-tone pink insulated tote perfectly blends functionality with fashion. Its 7-litre
- Stylish 2-tone pink design
- 7L capacity with PEVA wipe-clean lining
- Enhanced insulation with the option to add ice packs.
- Single zip pull might limit ease of access
Best luxury vegan leather lunch bag
This luxury bespoke lunch bag has been crafted from vegan leather. It has dual compartments for
- Chic design made from cruelty-free vegan leather.
- Dual compartments for organised storage.
- Long-term thermal insulation keeps food fresh for 4-6 hours.
- More of a premium option
Best drawstring lunch bag
Subtle and effortless, this Japanese-inspired insulated lunch bag is perfect for work, school, or
- Japanese-style design with drawstring and handle for convenience.
- Waterproof and scratch-resistant materials ensure durability.
- Suitable for various activities, including work, school, and picnics.
- Only two colours
Best large-capacity lunch bag
A combination of style and practicality, this unique roll-top lunch bag is adjustable in size and
- Unique roll-top design with adjustable size.
- Made of durable Oxford cloth with leak-proof and water-repellent features.
- Large capacity with adjustable shoulder strap
- Might be bulkier than other lunch bags.
Best dry bag-inspired lunch bag
Black+blum's insulated lunch bag draws inspiration from water sports 'dry bags', promising zero
- Inspired by a dry bag design
- Made from recycled plastic,
- Versatile roll and hook closure adapts to content size.
- Only two colours
Best dual-compartment lunch bag
Step up your lunch game with this premium insulated cooler bag. Its double-decker design ensures
- Premium construction with 600D Oxford fabric for durability.
- Double-decker design for storing hot and cold foods separately.
- Many types of design packs are available
- Only comes in black and grey
Best budget lunch bag
Add a touch of fun to your lunchtime with this delightful Busy Bee design. Its vibrant bee print
- Cute design.
- Affordable price
- Might not be as durable as other options
Best compact lunch bag
The high-density thermal insulation of this Smash lunch bag ensures your food stays fresh, while
- Fully insulated with high-density thermal insulation.
- Features Blue IQ Antibacterial lining
- Durable and easy to clean
- Multiple design options.
- Reviewer says they are not easy to get clean and show a lot of dirt.
Best puffer-style lunch bag
If it's urban chic you are looking for, you are in with a treat with this puffer-inspired lunch
- Stylish puffer jacket-inspired design.
- Powerful leak-proof polythene lining for insulation.
- Made from durable ripstop material.
- Puffer style may not appeal to everyone
Best nautical-themed lunch bag
If you are looking for the ultimate beach picnic bag, look no further than this nautical lunch
- A timeless striped design is suitable for various occasions.
- Powerful insulating lining keeps food chilled/warm for up to five hours.
- Can hold up to 4.9 liters
- Some may not like the nautical stripes
FAQs: Best lunch bags for adults
Why should I use an insulated lunch bag?
Insulated lunch bags are designed to maintain the temperature of your food, keeping hot meals warm and cold items cool. This ensures your food remains fresh and appetising until you're ready to eat.
What is the best lunch bag for adults?
When it comes to selecting the perfect lunch bag for adults, it's not just about functionality; it's about finding something mature and trendy too. Being in the office all day calls for a lunch bag with proper insulation and functional pockets as well as being compact to fit on your bag for a computer home on public transport, for example. Of course, this all comes down to your preference.
How do I clean my lunch bag?
Most lunch bags can be wiped down with a damp cloth. For deeper cleans, some bags are machine-washable, but always check the care instructions provided by the manufacturer.
How long will my food stay cold or warm in an insulated lunch bag?
The duration varies based on the quality of the insulation. However, a good-quality lunch bag can typically keep food cold for up to 6-8 hours with an ice pack and keep hot food warm for 3-5 hours.
Ellen Kinsey is a senior health and wellness product writer for Yours, specialising in natural health and beauty. She lives and breathes all things food, travel and wellness.