The best heated electric foot warmers and slippers can help you brave the winter chill with ease. Even though the winter months can be exciting with loads of seasonal holidays and events, there is no doubt that the cold weather takes its toll on not only our mental health but our joints, fingers and feet when exposed to the elements. That's where the best hand warmers and foot warmers come in.
Lower temperatures can be hard on your feet - even though we wear socks and slippers, the exposure to cold air causes the body to slow blood circulation to the hands and feet in an effort to preserve the body's core temperature. If you're suffering from painful foot conditions already, cold winter weather can make them worse.
Best heated electric foot warmers and slippers at a glance:
• Best overall: Snailax 2-in-1 Shiatsu Foot and Back Massager - View now on Amazon UK
• Best rechargeable foot warmer: IBLUELOVER USB Chargeable Electric Boots Slippers - View now on Amazon UK
• Best foot warmer with a timer: Yerdol Electric Foot Warmer - View now on Amazon UK
There are loads of nifty little gadgets such as hand warmers, electric blankets and thermal socks to keep the heat in and electric foot warmers and slippers will help regulate your body temperature in the winter months. Here at Yours, we've scoured the internet for the best heated electric foot warmers and slippers out there and have answered all your questions about how to use them safely. While you're here, you can also check out the best electric blankets to help you get a warm night's sleep.
Best heated electric foot warmers and slippers
Treat your feet to the ultimate spa evening with this Snailax 2-in-1 Foot and Back Massager. It is
- Different modes to choose from
- Heat function not as powerful as expected
Best value foot warmers
Get toasty toes with this New Look Cream Faux Fur Foot Warmer with microwavable inserts that will
- Great value
- Soft and cosy fabric
- Heat doesn't last a long time
Best luxury foot warmer
Luxury and cosy, this electric foot warmer with removable fleece liner is ideal for easing aches
- Good for medical conditions
- Auto shut off
- Removable fleece liner
- Some reviews mention they wish the heat was hotter
The Naeo Massaging Foot Warmer is a great all-round choice if you want a bit of everything. Super
- Smooth heating
- Plush material
- Some reviews have mentioned that heat is only admitted in a small area
Best microwavable foot warmers
Not keen on the idea of electricity? You can get microwavable slippers that provide warmth for
- Multiple sizes available
- Can also be worn as just slippers
- No reviews yet
Best rechargeable foot warmer
Super comfy and suitable for all, these IBLUELOVER USB Heating Slippers are rechargeable and
- Easy to charge
- Not suitable for outdoors
Best foot warmer with a timer
Not only is this Yerdol Electric Foot Warmer simple to use and super comfy, but it also offers six
- Good for many uses
- Different heating options
What is an electric foot warmer?
An electric heated foot warmer is a device designed to provide warmth and comfort to your feet, especially during cold weather or when you're in a chilly environment. It typically consists of a heating element enclosed within a soft and cushioned cover. Electric slippers and thermal socks are incredibly similar but include a heating element such as an electric or a microwavable pad.
Heated electric foot warmers and slippers advice
Heated electric foot warmers and slippers can be a cold weather essential, but it is important to remember that electricity and heat can cause some dangers. Here are a few tips and advice for using them safely:
• Consider your space. Foot warmers are larger than slippers and can be placed under your desk or on the floor, while heated slippers can be worn while you're walking around your house.
• Look for models with adjustable temperature settings, this allows you to customise the warmth to your preference.
• Look out for an auto-shutoff feature that turns off the heat after a certain period to prevent overheating.
• Always follow the manufacturer's safety instructions. Don't use them while sleeping or if you have a medical condition that affects your sensation or circulation in your feet. Also, look for energy-efficient models if you're concerned about electricity usage.
Remember that the effectiveness and comfort of electric foot warmers and heated slippers can vary from person to person, so it's a good idea to try them out to see if they meet your specific needs and preferences.
Hannah Mellin is a Homes & Garden Product Writer for Yours. When she's not writing, researching or testing products, she's renovating her Victorian terrace and chilling in the garden with her sausage dog Waffle, three cats and a tortoise called Bobby.