Mother's Day is quickly coming around and if you're wondering about what exactly to write in a Mother's Day card, whether to add some thoughtful words to some delivery flowers, to personalise a Mother's Day hamper, or to add a note to a box of homemade cupcakes for mum. If it's for your own mum, a mum-to-be, a step mum, or helping a little one write theirs, we're here to help you out.
Now we know that sometimes a simple "Happy Mother's Day!" will suffice but if you want to write something a little different, we've got plenty of suggestions for you, whatever your situation.
What to write in a Mother's Day card - general
• Happy Mother's Day Mum! You mean so much to me. I hope your day is as special as you are.
• Mum I love you more than words can say. I'd be lost without you. Thank you for making me the person I am today.
• Thank you for everything you do for us. We are so grateful for you.
• Happy Mother’s Day to the best mum of all!
• It’s your turn to be spoiled today! Have a relaxing time Mum.
• You are my role model. Happy Mother's Day.
• There's no one I would choose to be my mum but you. Thank you.
• The person who does so much for others deserves to be celebrated in every possible way. You're magic.
• Of all the mums in all of the world, there is no other like you.
• Mum, thanks for the great genes! Happy Mother's Day.
• You're not just my mum. You're my teacher, life coach, memory maker and much more. I love you.
What to write in a Mother's Day card from a daughter/son
• I am so proud to be your daughter/son. Thank you for being the best Mum in the world.
• Mum, you are my best friend and I love you. Happy Mother's Day.
• Thanks for bringing me into this world and being there for me always. I love you.
• I may not say it enough but mum, you mean the world to me. Thank you for everything you do.
• Behind every great child is an amazing mum who made them who they are.
• Thank you for putting up with us! What would we do without you? Happy Mother's Day.
• What's that saying? If at first you don't succeed... Happy Mother's Day from your second child.
• Mum, I love you more than Minecraft.
Funny messages to write in a Mother's Day card
• What do you want flowers and chocolate for? You've got me!
• I hope your Mother’s Day will be better than labour was!
• Happy Mother’s Day. Congratulations on giving birth to a legend!
• Thanks for wiping my bum. Happy Mother's Day.
• Mum, I love how we don't have to say out loud that I'm your favourite.
• Mum, who'd have thought Boris Johnson could ground me more times than you?
• I've got 99 problems...and I'm going to call mum about all of them.
• Mum, I just wanted to say congratulations! I turned out perfectly.
• Thanks for letting me rent your womb for nine months!
What to write in a Mother's Day card for step mums
• I'm so happy you joined our family. Happy Mother's Day!
• Thank you for helping to raise me, I am so grateful. Happy Mother's Day.
• Name, thanks for not being a wicked stepmother!
• Thank you for loving me as if I were your own.
• Thank you for taking me and Dad on, you deserve a medal!
What to write in a Mother's Day card for a mum-to-be
• Happy Mother's Day to the best bump oven ever.
• I might still be in your tummy but I love you so much already!
• You are going to make the best mummy in the world.
• With lots of love, cuddles and kicks on Mother's Day, I can't wait to meet you soon.
What to write in a Mother's Day card quotes
• “All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother” – Abraham Lincoln
• “To describe my mother would be to write about a hurricane in its perfect power” – Maya Angelou
• “Insanity is hereditary; you can get it from your children.” Sam Levenson