Hair is one of, if not the most important aspect of our appearance, so it's only natural that we worry if we spot a touch of hair thinning at some point in our lives. That's where the best hair growth products come in to save the day, of which there are lots across the market right now.
There are lots to choose from though, which sometimes proves difficult to navigate, especially when you aren't sure exactly what it is you are looking for. Hair growth shampoo is a great option if you have thicker hair. However, if you have thinner hair, it may not have the same effect that you are looking for.
Best hair growth products at a glance:
• Best hair growth product overall: The Ordinary Multi-Peptide Serum - View offer on LookFantastic
• Best hair growth serum: Vegamour GRO Hair Serum - View offer on Vegamour
• Best hair growth shampoo: Waterman's Grow Me Hair Growth Shampoo and Conditioner - View offer on Amazon
• Best hair growth scalp massager: Freatech Scalp Massager Shampoo Brush - View offer on Amazon
• Best hair growth brush: Bsisme Boar Bristle Brush - View offer on Amazon
There are also specific types of hair loss caused by a variety of different factors which need to be considered. For instance, hair loss can be caused by hair shaft abnormalities or conditions such as Androgenetic Alopecia. And while there are some of the best hair growth serums on the market, they may not be appropriate for every form of hair loss.
So, to help you tackle hair loss and help regrow your thinning hair, we have searched high and low for the best hair growth products available to buy right now, from serums, shampoos, oils and some of the best hair vitamins. Thicker, more illustrious hair awaits.
The best hair growth products to buy
Best hair growth product overall
An excellent form of scalp care for hair regrowth, this Ordinary serum contains peptides and
- Specifically designed for hair reformation
- It contains an array of trichologist-approved formulas
- Some reviewers say there is a strong smell to the product
Best hair growth serum
This carefully formed serum is perfect for hair thinning and fallout due to issues such as lack of
- Safe for everyday usage
- Vegan and cruelty-free
- Results may take longer to see
Best hair growth shampoo
This shampoo and conditioner set by Watermans are made to revitalise dull, fine and brittle hair,
- Vegan friendly
- Made with trichologists
- Hair may need to be washed more often with product build-up
Best for convenience
An easy-to-use, foolproof product made to nourish dry hair and promote hair growth for any hair
- Easy and convenient to use
- Gives hair a silky-smooth finish
- Not specifically made to address hair loss
Best for whole body maintenance
Specifically made with Biotin, these hair growth supplements are perfect if you want help to
- Easy to keep track of, take one tablet a day
- Helps maintain the health of the nervous system as well as hair
- May take longer to see a difference as with any supplements
Best on a budget
This bright pink scalp massager made with flexible silicon bristles is ideal for encouraging hair
- Works well to exfoliate scalp
- Available in a range of colours
- A smaller brush
Best massager for dry scalps
We all know and trust Tangle Teezer for getting to the root of the knots in our hair - without the
- Curved shape
- Easy to hold
- Wings instead of a handle
Best hair growth scalp brush
Boar bristle brushes, like this paddle brush from Bsisme, help to distribute your scalp's natural
- Massages scalp and stimulates blood flow
- Prevents oil build-up
- Bristles may be hard to clean
Do hair growth products really work?
Using products such as oils, shampoos, and supplements is excellent for promoting hair growth and all-around hair health. Hair growth products do work if you use them consistently and properly - particularly if they contain substances such as Biotin (vitamin B7).
However, if you are suffering from extreme hair loss and are looking for a better approach to solving your problem, hair growth products alone may not be enough, and you might want to contact your GP or healthcare provider.
Can thinning hair grow back?
When you first notice your hair thinning, you may worry that you might not be able to get your hair back to the way it once was. But luckily, if you use the right products and do your research properly in regard to what product works for which hair loss issue, you will definitely be able to promote hair growth in thinning areas.
What vitamin deficiency causes hair loss?
A lack of riboflavin, biotin, folate, and vitamin B12 is likely to cause hair loss, but if you feel like you are lacking these vitamins, you can find products containing them you are lacking.
Emma Richardson is a Beauty & Fashion Products Writer for Yours. She covers shopping, lifestyle, celebs and anything trending.