This brownie recipe by Mary Berry contains cocoa powder and chocolate chips so your brownies are extra rich and chocolatey, just the way they should be!
Serves: 24 pieces
You will need
30 x 23 x 4cm tray
275g butter, softened
375g caster sugar
4 large eggs
75g cocoa powder
100g self-raising flour
100g plain chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/gas 4.
- Cut a rectangle of non-stick baking parchment to fit the base and sides of a 30cm x 23cm x 4cm traybake or roasting tin. Grease the tin and then line it with the paper, pushing it neatly into the corners.
- Measure all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix with a hand-held electric mixer until evenly blended.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, scraping the sides of the bowl with a plastic spatula to remove all of it. Spread the mixture gently to the corners of the tin and level the surface with the back of the spatula.
- Bake for 40–45 minutes, until the brownies have a crusty top and a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Cover loosely with foil for the last 10 minutes if the mixture is browning too much.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the tin, then cut into 24 squares and enjoy!
Tip: Store in an airtight tin.