- Key is the UK’s No.1 independent equity release specialist
- With 20 years’ experience in the specialist sector of retirement finance, Key has helped over one million people decide if equity release is right for them, with thousands having released cash from their homes
- One in three Equity Release Council plans are arranged by Key
- Key has won over 50 industry and consumer awards for their service and expertise
- Key has a nationwide team of expert advisers, who undergo an extensive training programme, ensuring an in-depth knowledge of the subject, so they can offer you the very best advice and service
- Key’s customers rate Key as ‘excellent’ on the independent review website Trustpilot, with over 13,000 customer reviews
How Key can help you
A lifetime mortgage, the most popular type of equity release, is a loan secured against your home; which is why Yours works in partnership with Key
Unbiased, impartial advice
Key is an independent equity release specialist, which means it’s not tied to any specific brand, provider, offer or promotion.
Key aims to ensure that releasing cash from your home is the right option for you. Your adviser will discuss all the options with you, so you have a full understanding of equity release and the alternatives. If they don’t think equity release is right for you, they will tell you. If you believe it is the right choice for you, they will search the whole of the market to find the best possible plan for your individual needs, before making their recommendations to you.
No-obligation and no pressure
You will be offered a free no-obligation consultation, in the comfort of your own home with one of Key’s specialist independent advisers.
Your adviser will be on-hand to answer any questions you may have. They will explain how an equity release plan will reduce the value of your estate, how it may affect your entitlement to means tested benefits and how a lifetime mortgage, the most popular form of equity release, will be secured against your home.
You will never be pressurised to go ahead with a plan, or hurried to make a decision. You are under no obligation to proceed and you can take as long as you need to decide.
Real life story
Regular Yours reader, Mrs Gardner from Kent, had worked in the private healthcare industry for over a decade when she decided it was time to start thinking about her retirement.
“Work was very stressful and had caused me a lot of health issues. I thought maybe it was time to retire but I wanted to be sure I could pay the bills and still do the things I love - like go on holidays.
“I had seen Key Retirement recommended in Yours magazine quite a few times and the reviews looked very positive. I decided to get in touch with them and find out what financial options were out there for me.”
After talking to one of Key’s equity release specialists, Mrs Gardner made a free no-obligation appointment with her local independent adviser who came to her house to discuss her options and answer any questions she had.
“My local adviser, Sarah, was absolutely brilliant. She was professional, friendly and put me at ease right away. I was worried the appointment would be very formal and confusing, but she was “human” and I actually found it an enjoyable experience.
“She completely understood my reasons for looking into equity release and also how desperate I was to retire without financial stress. After some questions and research she found a plan out there that was right for me.
“The process took nowhere near as long as I thought and she was easy to get hold of if I needed her. She phoned regularly with updates and what’s more, she didn’t just leave me on my own once her visits were over.”
Mrs Gardner has now fully retired and is enjoying her retirement knowing all her bills are covered.
“I’ve been able to pay my bills, make some changes to the garden and I’ll soon be on holiday in Melbourne, Australia visiting my nephew.
“I would definitely recommend Key, and already have to both my sister and friends.”
- To find out more about unlocking cash from your home, speak to one of our experts today by calling FREE on 0808 156 9010, or download your copy of our FREE Guide.
- Use our FREE online calculator to see how much you could release.
- Unless you decide to go ahead, Key’s service is completely free of charge, as its usual advice fee of 1.99% of the amount released would only be payable on completion of a plan, subject to a minimum advice fee of £1,499.