As the weather turns cooler, warm up with these delicious recipes
From those crisp mornings to darker evenings, it’s that time of year again when we hunker down and start craving hot, wholesome meals. Whether it’s a quick and easy breakfast, a tasty lunch or a warming evening meal for the family, SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham is a great ingredient to have in the cupboard for this time of year. Versatile and convenient, this kitchen staple makes lots of lovely autumn dishes. Here’s just two recipe suggestions to get you started…
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
200g tub or can SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham - cut into long strips
1 pack of tortillas
red pepper, . green pepper, . orange pepper – in strips
1 red chilli - finely diced
1 small red onion cut into quarters and thinly sliced
Baby gem lettuce leaves
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Serving suggestions: With sour cream, guacamole, salsa, nachos and grated cheese
1. Add the oil to a large frying pan and stir in the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham strips and fry on each side until golden brown. Leave to cool.
2. Lay each tortilla flat on a chopping board. Spread a little of the sour cream on the tortilla, and sprinkle a little chopped red chilli. Then lay on two or three lettuce leaves, a mixture of the peppers, the cooked SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham strips and the red onion slices
3. Roll each Fajita up and place on a serving plate
200g tub or can of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham
3 large eggs
3 tablespoons milk
2 spring onions - finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
15g (5oz) butter
1. Beat the eggs, milk and salt and pepper together in a mixing bowl
2. In a pan, fry cubes of SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham, turning until golden. Turn down the heat to keep warm.
3. In a separate pan, melt butter pan on a medium to hot heat, sauté the spring onions lightly then add the egg mixture.
4. Scramble with a wooden spatula.
5. Add the SPAM® Chopped Pork and Ham and mix.
6. Serve with black pepper.
For more recipes ideas head to www.spam-uk.com or follow on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram @OfficialSPAMUK
A 200g can or tub and a 340g can of SPAM® is available from supermarkets across the UK