BARBECUED ASPARAGUS, ROCKET, GOATS’ CHEESE AND PINE NUT SALAD
Serves: 4 Prep: 5 mins Cook: 5 mins
- For the salad:
- 2 bundles of asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- 100g (4oz) rocket, washed
- 150g (5oz) goats’ cheese
- 75g (3oz) pine nuts, toasted
- For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp olive or rapeseed oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp grainy mustard
- 1 tbsp runny honey
- Trim the asparagus as necessary. Place on a baking sheet or in a bowl and toss with the oil, making sure all the asparagus is coated. Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Put the asparagus on the grill rack of the barbecue and cook for 2 mins each side, until lightly charred. Remove from the barbecue and set aside.
- To make the dressing, mix together all of the ingredients and whisk well. Season to taste.
Recipe from: www.british-asparagus.co.uk
Serves: 2 Prep: 20 mins Cook: 30-40 mins
- 2 baby gem lettuce
- 40g (1 ½ oz) watercress
- 80g (3oz) red peppers
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices sour dough, cut in to croutons
- 20g (¾ oz) butter
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 40ml (2fl oz) balsamic dressing
- Crusty loaf with the middle removed
- Trim the base off the lettuce and separate the leaves. Wash lettuce and the watercress and drain well.
- Lightly grill the peppers (whole) and place into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap to allow the skins to loosen. Remove the skins and slice in to strips.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and season then roast.
- Fry the croutons in butter and garlic until golden brown and allow to cool.
- Toss the leaves in ½ the dressing and place in to a bread bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the croutons. Dress again and then sprinkle the croutons on top.
Recipe from www.paul-uk.com
VEGGIE CLUB SANDWICH
Serves: 1 Prep: 10 mins
- 75g (3oz) kale
- 2 tsp French dressing
- 3 slices bread
- 50g (2oz) coleslaw
- 50g (2oz) houmous
- 25g (1oz) vegetarian cheese, grated
- Cook the kale in boiling water for 4 mins, drain and run under cold water. Remove any thick stalks and squeeze out excess liquid. Mix with the dressing and place on top of 1 slice of toast. Top this with coleslaw.
- Spread another slice of toast with houmous and sprinkle over the cheese, place on top of the coleslaw. Top with the remaining slice of toast and cut in half. Serve with a few crisps and a handful of salad.
Recipe from www.waitrose.com/recipes