Take the hassle out of your daily skin-cleansing routine with this 5-in-1 super serum
Product: Available from www.rajeunir.co.uk; Amazon.co.uk; Beautycrowd.com Price: £42.00 Rating: ★★★★☆ (4/5)
What it says it does:
- Rajeunir Moisture Serum is a revolutionary new super serum that acts as a day moisturiser, night moisturiser, serum, eye cream and primer all in one go!
- With a similar consistency to a moisturiser, the serum is rapidly absorbed into the deeper levels of the skin, oxygenating the cells as it goes to create a brighter, smoother, silkier and more rejuvenated complexion.
- Instantly and intensely hydrating, it improves micro-circulation giving a calming and soothing effect to the skin. It also helps to balance the skin during hormonal changes.
- Apply sparingly to the whole face (a little goes a long way) to ensure that the skin is firmer and brighter and blemishes are reduced within one hour.
- With the silky smooth finish that the serum creates, the skin is primed and ready to apply make up to.
- Ideal for sensitive skin, the serum protects against the effects of UVA, UVB and free radicals.
- Also available in the range – lip serum, shampoo and conditioner
Our tester said:
I like to think I look after my skin quite well; I always clean my make-up off at night, I moisturise day and night, use a cream specially developed for the delicate area around my eyes, and apply a primer before I put my make-up on in the morning, so the thought of using one product to do all this was very appealing!
First of all, the packaging. I know it shouldn’t matter but it does. If something looks attractive, you’re more likely to choose it and this product comes in a sophisticated-looking tube with a pump dispensing action so was really easy to use.
The first thing I noticed was the smell. It isn’t unpleasant, just lacking in fragrance, and although that’s probably a good thing (no artificial additives in terms of perfume) I rather expected it to have a nicer scent.
However, what it lacks in terms of fragrance, it makes up for in terms of performance. It glides on easily, feels super-silky and absorbs almost instantly without leaving any sticky residue.
I have quite sensitive eyes and have to be wary of applying cream under them as they can react badly, then will water uncomfortably for the rest of the day. No such problems with this serum; it dabbed on easily and my eyes felt fine!
Although designed to be used on both the face and neck, I must admit I prefer a thicker, creamier product for my neck as the skin here always feels a bit thin and dry, so after applying the serum, I topped up with an additional moisturising cream. Having said, my skin felt glowing and I was pleased with the overall result.
It says you only need a little as a little goes a long way and, after two weeks’ use morning and night, I was only a third of the way through it.
At £42, it seems expensive initially, but taking into account the cost of separate products like day moisturiser, night moisturiser, eye cream and primer, it probably makes the cost seem reasonable, if not cheaper!
So, if you want to ditch five products in favour of one, this is a great buy, as long as you don’t mind the lack of fragrance.
I was impressed with this serum and when the tube runs out, I may welltreat myself to some more.