What's on offer
New customers taking out the Marks & Spencer current account can pocket a £125 M&S gift card when they switch their current account via MoneySuperMarket.com until October 31, 2014. This is a better deal than the £100 if you apply direct through M&S Bank or on other sites.
Is the M&S account any good?
M&S launched its first 'no fees' current account this summer. The high-street giant launched two packaged accounts in 2012 but disappointingly they both came with a monthly fee. "The latest offering is a good all-rounder with many positive features including a £100 free overdraft buffer. There's not much to dislike," says Andrew Hagger from MoneyComms.
The exclusive MoneySuperMarket/M&S gift card offer ends October 31, 2014 and you can find out more here.
Get the best deal
Before signing up, compare all current accounts on the market so that you open one which is right for your banking habits - and not just because there's a good incentive to switch. Use a comparison site like MoneySuperMarket or uSwitch.
- Switching to the best bank account could save you £125 a year in fees, charges and lost interest.
- Ask your new bank to switch your account using the Current Account Switch Service. All banks involved are listed on Simplerworld.co.uk.
- You need to agree to the Current Account Switch Agreement and the Current Account Closure Instruction provided by your bank, so the switch can happen.
- Choose a switch date, allowing a minimum of seven working days notice.
- Your direct debits, standing orders and bill payments are moved automatically. Any payments accidentally made to your old account are redirected for 13 months.
There's more money advice in every issue of Yours magazine out on a Tuesday every fortnight!