To mark the start of the new university year, Travelodge has released 500,000 rooms for £35 or less across its 504 UK hotels so that empty nesters can visit their children or grandchildren without breaking the bank.
A £35 Travelodge room offers great value - it works out cheaper than a trip to the cinema and refreshments for two people. Room bookings and stays must take place by December 31st 2015.
Travelodge has released 500,000 rooms for £35 or less
So why not take advantage of this offer, see loved-ones studying at university and, combine your trip with a city break. With over 150 universities across the UK, located in some of the UK’s most cosmopolitan cities such as London, Bath, Liverpool, Manchester, Cardiff, Leeds, Glasgow and Edinburgh – you’re sure to have an action packed getaway.
Travelodge has undergone a £100 million modernisation programme which includes a new upgraded modern room designed by its customers. All beds have been replaced with a new bespoke upgraded luxurious king-size bed – called the Travelodge Dreamer bed (this type of bed is normally found in 4 and 5 star hotels).
Just don't forget to take a food parcel!
To help empty nesters enjoy their free time, Travelodge has created five short break ideas:
1. London: A trip to London doesn’t have to cost the earth. Most of city’s major tourist attractions are within easy walking distance. You can stroll from Big Ben to The Tower of London. On route, take advantage of one of the hundreds of free things to do. Many of London’s museums are free too, such as The Victoria and Albert Museum and The British Museum.
Stay at: London Bethnal Green Travelodge
2. Manchester: While your children are in lectures, why not take the opportunity to explore the renaissance of the north. The city is crammed with art, culture, sports, shopping, and fine dining – so there’s plenty to do and something for everyone.
Stay at: Manchester Piccadilly Travelodge
3. Nottingham: Take an adventure to Robin Hood County and experience the rustic charm of Nottingham Castle and explore the legendary stomping ground of Robin Hood and Sherwood Forest National Nature Reserve.
Stay at: Nottingham Central Travelodge
4. Leeds: Visit the third largest city in the UK, steeped in awe-inspiring religious architecture, historic houses and industrial heritage including Kirkstell Abbey, Harewood House, and the Leeds Industrial Museum (formally the world’s largest mill). Want to venture further afield? Take the scenic route to Harrogate - known for its Royal Turkish Baths and Spa.
Stay at: Leeds Central Travelodge
5. Cardiff: Take a break to the Welsh capital for a weekend of sightseeing, culture and history. Enjoy Welsh cakes at Pierhead while watching the boats come and go or take a short drive to the Brecon Beacons for lunch with a view.
Stay at: Cardiff Central Queens Street Travelodge.