Bookshops including WH Smith, Blackwells, Foyles and independents will be giving away children’s bags designed by award-winning Charlie & Lola author and illustrator Lauren Child to lucky customers who visit stores on Saturday 10 October.
Around 20,000 bags have been produced exclusively for Books Are My Bag, a three-day celebration of books and bookshops (October 8th to October 10th).
Also, from October 1st, Lauren will start a nationwide bookshop tour of her long-anticipated title, Charlie and Lola: One Thing (Orchard Books), which sees the return of the characters after six years.
Lauren said: “I am delighted to be part of the Books Are My Bag campaign, especially on the publication of Charlie and Lola: One Thing; partly because I can never go to a bookshop for just one thing, but more importantly because just one bookshop can inspire a squillion imaginations.
As part of the Books Are My Bag celebrations and to mark the release of Charlie and Lola: One Thing (Orchard Books), Lauren will be visiting the following bookshops and events:
- Fri 2nd Oct: Waterstones Piccadilly
- Sat 3rd Oct: Cheltenham literary festival
- Sun 4th Oct: Henley literary festival
- Mon 5th Oct: Chorleywood bookshop
- Thurs 8th Oct: SilverDell Bookshop
- Fri 9th Oct: Simply Books
- Sun 11th Oct: Ryedale festival
- Mon 12th Oct: Ryedale schools' festival
There's more money savers in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.