For ethical savings...
- Ecology Building Society has launched a new 90-day notice account, which pays 1.15% yearly at £500, 1.30% at £5,000 and 1.50% at £10,000. Savers can invest up to a maximum of £20,000. Access to funds is allowed provided the 90-day notice period is given and additions are also permitted. This deal can be operated by post only.
- Verdict: Savers who want an ethical savings product will be delighted by this launch from Ecology Building Society. Paying 1.50%, this deal heads straight into the Moneyfacts.co.uk Best Buys and will be a popular choice for savers looking for a straightforward savings account with a difference.
For easy-access ISA savings...
- Yorkshire Building Society has launched a new easy access ISA paying 1.35% yearly or 1.34% monthly. Savers can invest from £100. Additions are permitted and up to three withdrawals are allowed per year. Transfers in from cash and stocks & shares ISAs are also accepted. This deal is for savers aged 16 and over and can be operated by branch and post.
- Verdict: This easy access cash ISA paying 1.35% is highly competitive, sitting within the top 10 in its sector. This is an ideal product for savers looking to kick-start their ISA savings. However, savers will need to bear in mind the withdrawal restrictions.
For 10-year fixed-rate mortgages...
- Nationwide Building Society has reduced its 10-year fixed rate, which is now priced at 3.79%. This deal is for all customers who borrow between £25,000 and £1million at 80% loan-to-value. No fee is payable and an incentive package for remortgage customers of free valuation and either free legal fees or a £250 rebate is available. This deal has the flexibility to make overpayments of up to 10% of the mortgage advance and make underpayments.
- Verdict: Borrowers looking for a long-term mortgage deal will be intrigued by this latest offer from Nationwide Building Society. At 3.79%, this deal sits towards the top of its sector. With the extra bonus of no fee and a great incentive package for remortgage customers, this deal will be a popular choice for borrowers looking for the extra security a 10-year fixed rate provides.
For two-year fixed rate mortgages...
- Hanley Economic Building Society has reduced its two-year fixed rate, which is now priced at 4.05% to June 30th, 2016. This deal is for all borrowers who borrow between £30,000 and £350,000 at 95% loan-to-value. No fee is payable and an incentive package of free valuation, a £250 rebate for house purchase customers and free legal fees for remortgage customers is available. This deal has the flexibility to make overpayments.
- Verdict: This 4.05% two-year fixed rate mortgage is highly competitive and heads straight into the Moneyfacts.co.uk Best Buys. Borrowers will be able to enjoy a fantastic incentive package and no arrangement fees, which will no doubt make this a popular choice for those looking to minimise any upfront costs.
Thanks to Rachel Springall from Moneyfacts
- Find out how to bank online here. Plus read how to get the best rates by improving your credit rating here.