- Write a meal plan each week to stop mid-week supermarket splurges!
- Buy a fruit and vegetable cushion for your fridge’s salad box to stop mould (Lakeland, £4.49).
- Shop alone to avoid unwanted extras in your basket!
- Shop online so you stick to a list. The middle of the day delivery times are often free or reduced by £3-£4.
- Go shopping when you’re in a hurry or before work so you don’t buy as much.
- Don’t be loyal. Go where the money-saving coupons take you.
- Buy own-brand goods. Sainsbury’s tomato ketchup and Aldi Del Rivo orange juice beat branded favourites in taste tests.
- Buy own-brand or generic painkillers rather than brand names.
- One-pot meals are the easy and economical solution to feeding a group of people. Find fabulous recipes including Sri Lankan-style lamb curry in 200 More One-Pot Meals (Hamlyn, £4.99).
There's more money saving ideas in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.