- Instead of buying a lottery ticket, put £2 aside each week until you have saved £100, then buy premium bonds.
- Pay by cash instead of cards. If you can see your money going, you’ll spend less!
- Use your ISA allowance (currently £15,000), so you don’t pay tax on your savings interest.
- Check any benefits and tax credit entitlement on www.moneysaving expert.com/benefits-check.
- If you have the internet, send e-Cards to save postage. Send a Macmillan charity eCard and make a voluntary donation.
- Don’t get newspapers delivered – walk or cycle to the shop. You’ll save on delivery charges and benefit from the exercise.
There's more money advice in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.