If you're going to be a wedding guest this summer, founder of Look Fabulous Forever make-up expert Tricia Cusden offers her top tips on looking gorgeous aged 50+
“With wedding season well and truly upon us, now is the time to ensure you’re ready for all the biggest social events of the summer, especially if it’s your very own son or daughter who will be walking down the aisle to say 'I do'”.
- Take time and effort to work on your wedding make-up; don’t climb out of shower and apply your make-up on to a hot, damp face.
- Use face primer to on top of your moisturiser to smooth the skin and ensure your make-up lasts all day and evening.
- Use a brush to apply your foundation and ensure even blending, and make sure you don’t choose products with SPF in, as this results in flash-back in photos.
- Apply a small amount of foundation to your ears in order to match your face colour, especially if you plan to wear your hair up.
- Use concealer in the inner corners of your eye lid, which can naturally start to look blue when you get older.
- When adding definition to your brows ensure you shape them with a thicker application on the inner corners of the brows where they are naturally fuller, in order to frame your face.
- You will be able to add definition and shape to the face by using a subtle contouring technique. Use highlighter on the tops of the cheek and brow bones, blusher on the cheeks and a bronzer lightly swept onto the outer edges of the face and below the chin.
- Use an eye primer to cover any discolouration on the lid and smooth it prior to adding shadows. Choose matte shadows which are more flattering on an older eyelid and blend well so that there are no hard edges.
- Use a darker shadow and a small wedge brush to apply a soft line along the upper and lower lash line.
- When applying mascara, apply a few coats to both the upper and lower lashes to make your eyes look bigger.
- To create a wow-effect with your lip colour, firstly apply a lip primer to prevent feathering and bleeding. Then shape your lips with lip liner, then fill in the rest of the lips with the same liner. Now apply lipstick over the top of this to add impact. When applying lipstick, use a brush as this will give a professional finish that will last longer and apply two or three coats, blotting on a tissue each time.
- To help you create a wedding perfect look, the Look Fabulous Forever Mother of the Bride or Groom Collection offers 12 products specifically formulated for mature skin, which will ensure you look fabulous on the big day.
Read Tricia's previous column, on choosing the right shades of make-up for your skin
- For more beauty advice, pick up the latest copy of Yours magazine