Dove skincare expert, Dr Shefalie Rajpopat, has these top tips to offer:
- Avoid long, hot baths. Hot water quickly strips the skin of its natural oils, so use lukewarm water instead and reduce bathrime to 10-15 minutes.
- Wrap up warm. Beat the chill in snuggly jumpers, but use soft breatheable fabrics like cotton, instead of wool and polyester that may irritate the skin.
- Use sunscreen. While you might apply suncream religiously in the summer months, did you know you should keep it up over the winter? Winter sun can still harm the skin, so use a daycream withat least an SPF of 15.
- Turn down the heating. Central heating creates a dry, low humid environment that can leave skin flaky, itchy and prone to cracking. Turn down the heat and wear extra layers instead - which will of course save you money, too.
- Have a bedtime routine. Remember to moisturise last thing at night. Using a rich, intensive moisturiser will help skin rejuvinate overnight, fresh for the morning.
Try the Dove Winter Care range, available at Boots.