A healthy summer glow could take years off you face and body and give you a real youth boost. But we’re not suggesting spending hours on a sun lounger – you can fake your way to a tan without subjecting your skin to ageing sun damage. Follow our simple steps to brighten your skin in minutes every day.
1. Once or twice a week use an exfoliator to slough off dry, dead skin cells and freshen your complexion. Try Body Shop’s Vitamin C Facial Cleansing Polish (£10/100ml), which has small exfoliating beads and contains anti-oxidant Vitamin C. Rub it in gentle circular motions across your face and neck to your boost circulation and give your skin a youthful glow.
2. Switch to a lightweight moisturiser that won’t leave your skin greasy in the heat. Try Simple Kind To Skin+ Protecting Moisture Cream (£6.99/50ml) which is great if you have sensitive skin, and includes multivitamins plus SPF 30 to protect your face from sun damage.
3. Give your face a natural looking tan by adding three drops of Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster (£18/15ml) into your night cream. By the morning you’ll have a subtle even tan that flatters your skin tone.
1. Swap your foundation for something lighter, such as a tinted moisturiser or a CC (colour correcting) cream. Try Olay Regenerist Advanced Age Defying CC Cream (£24.99/50ml) which combines an anti-ageing serum, a protecting SPF 15 moisturiser and a sheer foundation for flattering coverage in one easy application.
2. The simplest way to give your skin a sun-kissed look is a sweep of bronzer. Choose one that suits your skin tone – if you’re pale go for a hint of peach or pink, olive skin can handle full-on bronze, and dark skin looks great with a subtle golden shimmer. Try the George Bronzer Duo for Blondes (or the darker palette for brunettes) (£4/10g). Apply bronzer with a large brush, tap any excess powder off onto the back of your hand, and gently sweep over your nose, cheek bones, across your forehead and chin, anywhere that the sun would naturally hit.
3. Don’t forget blusher. Bronzer alone could leave your skin looking a little muddy and even age you a bit. A hint of pink or coral on the apples of your cheeks could help you look younger. Bourjois are famed for their blushers, and the Little Round Pot Blush in Healthy Glow (£7/2.5g) will give your face a lift.
There's more beauty in every issue of Yours magazine, out every fortnight on a Tuesday.
Model image by Ruth Jenkinson